Violin / Viola Lessons
Interested in our Strings program? You can choose to learn violin or viola. Our lessons are classically based, focusing on repertoire, music theory, ear-training, sight reading and technics.
- Viola and violin lessons are taught in a private setting.
- All lessons are held weekly for 30 minutes, 45 minutes and 60 minutes.
- Recitals are held twice a year for students to showcase what they have learnt in their violin lessons or viola lessons. Other events offered to students include (but not limited to) Junior concerto competition (school grade 4-12), concerto competition (for students ages 14-18), Fall Festival, community service projects and holiday programs.
- Students taking private lessons will also have the opportunity to play with other violinists and violists in the summer.
- We also provide lessons to students that are in the orchestra programs at school to help improve techniques and playing abilities at a higher level.
- Violin and viola lessons are available to both adults and children ages 5 and up.